Welcome to the Service Officer Web Page

Obtaining Military Records

You may obtain a copy of Form SF 180 from one of our Department Service Offices or from your local County Veterans Service Office. 

Request for Military Records (SF-180)

Click here to request records online 

Complete the form with the fullest amount of information you know about your military service. 

The Service officers can assist you, or you can send the completed SF 180 to: 

National Records and Personnel Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100 

Please do not wait for records to arrive to file your claim. This will only delay the process, resulting in you not getting all you deserve. See your Post Service Officer immediately if you need to file a claim.

United States Department of Veterans Affairs

Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs

Get Your Records


Below are websites that provide information on Veterans' benefits and how to file/ask for them. Accordingly, many sites explain how to obtain books, military/medical records, information, and how to appeal a denied claim with the VA. Please pass this information on to every Veteran you know. Nearly 100% of this information is free and available for all veterans.